Lots of people feel naughty indulging in chocolate, but for me it is (almost) an everyday food. Raw chocolates, free from; refined sugar, dairy and additives has a place in a healthy diet. Cacao butter is a source of vitamin E, which supports the health of our skin, hair, and nails. Cacao powder is a rich source of antioxidants, magnesium and iron, in fact, most of the time when we crave chocolate it is actually our bodies craving the magnesium.
Try making these nut butter cups with any type of nut butter filling, or you can simply skip the nut butter step and create plain chocolates.
NUT BUTTER CUPS
3/4 cup of melted cacao butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup cacao powder
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/3 cup nut butter
12 muffin cases
1. After melting the cacao butter and coconut oil over a low heat, whisk in the maple syrup, cacao powder, salt, and cinnamon.
2. Pour 1-2 teaspoons of liquid chocolate into the bottom of each of the 12 muffin cases.
3. Place these in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to set.
4. Remove muffin cases from freezer and place 1 teaspoon of nut butter into each case.
5. Pour 2-3 teaspoons of chocolate on top of the nut butter or until all the nut butter is covered.
6. Return chocolates to the freezer or fridge to set.