Instead of eating chocolate treats that are going to leave you feeling sluggish and unsatisfied try making your own chocolate which is free of nasties and excess sugar. This Easy Chocolate Bark gives you a satisfying hit of chocolate packed full of essential fatty acids, magnesium, and antioxidants. You can mix it up and use whichever nuts, seeds or dried fruit you have on hand, peppermint oil can also be added to make a chocolate mint slice.
- Place first 5 ingredients in a small pot on a low heat. Whisk continuously, you are aiming to combine the ingredients into a smooth liquid.
- As soon as coconut oil has melted, take the pot off the heat and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Pour into lined tin or tray (20cm x 20cm).
- Sprinkle over coconut, macadamia nuts, and goji berries.
- Place tray in freezer for 10-20 or until hard.
- Break or cut into squares.
- Store in the fridge.